The touchpad on many Acer laptops is faulty. The touchpad isn’t responding correctly or isn’t responding at all. Navigating your laptop without a working touchpad can be challenging especially if you don’t have a spare mouse. The problem is common among Acer laptop users.
This can be highly frustrating. You have to spend a lot of time reading tips on the Internet to fix the problem and most of them don’t even work. Most Acer owners have had to use an external mouse. This article will show you how to quickly fix the touchpad on your Acer laptop if that is the case.
- 1 Acer Aspire Touchpad Not Working Windows 10
- 2 The Reasons Why the Acer Aspire Touchpad May Stop Working on Windows 10
- 3 The Fixing Methods to Apply When Acer Aspire Touchpad Not Working Windows 10
- 4 Final Thoughts
Acer Aspire Touchpad Not Working Windows 10
A laptop with a touchpad can be used without a mouse. To resolve the problem of “laptop touchpad not working Windows 10”, check out these 7 ways to fix the Acer, Toshiba, HP, Lenovo and Dell laptop touchpad not working.
It should now be possible to use your laptop touchpad again. There can be some reasons for the laptop touchpad not working in Windows 10 such as software conflicts, outdated drivers or hardware problems.
The Reasons Why the Acer Aspire Touchpad May Stop Working on Windows 10
The fixing methods must be applied to fix touchpad issues on the Acer Aspire. In the meantime, finding out the causes of this severe problem is also vital. Among the most likely causes are as follows:
- You won’t be able to use the touchpad until it’s powered up, so make sure it’s turned on first.
- A touchpad that fails to load correctly during startup may stop responding.
- You might also have problems in the BIOS, causing the Acer aspire touchpad to stop working.
- An outdated or incompatible driver causes the touchpad of an Acer Aspire to stop working.
The Fixing Methods to Apply When Acer Aspire Touchpad Not Working Windows 10
If you find the error preventing the touchpad from responding, you need to fix it. The Acer aspire touchpad won’t work problem can be solved by trying several methods. You can apply these methods easily to eliminate the touchpad problem, and they are not complicated.
Enable with Your Keyboard
You can turn off and on the touchpad using the keyboard on most computers.
- The F6 or F7 key can be accessed on most Acer laptops by holding the Fn key down.
- You should see an image of a hand touching a touchpad if you can’t find the F6 or F7 key.
- If you can’t use your touchpad, try this key combination. If it fails, try another method.
Replace the Battery
The Acer system must be reset if the battery needs to be replaced. The steps are below:
- The operating system must be fully loaded on your laptop. Make sure it is switched on.
- The charger on your laptop should be removed.
- Your laptop’s battery should be removed.
- You can check if the touchpad is working again by replacing the battery and turning on the laptop.
Updating Through the Acer Website
- There is a link on the official Acer website to download all the official drivers and manuals for your device. You can find drivers at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers.
- A serial number, SNID or model number must be entered on the driver and manuals page. The driver will then be downloaded. Your device’s category, series and model can also be selected without the serial number. If you do not know these details, you can use the auto-detect feature.
- A green text labeled ‘auto-detect my device details’ appears at the bottom of the screen. You will be able to identify your model number once you click the link and follow the onscreen instructions.
- The next page will display Drivers, Documents, BIOS/Firmware downloads and more after you have provided the required information. Under ‘Drivers,’ you can select touchpad drivers for Windows 7 and later versions in the drop-down menu.
Updating Through Device Manager
A default application in Microsoft Windows called Device Manager allows you to manage the hardware inside or attached to your computer. The device manager lets you manage your computer’s drivers and update faulty drivers.
- Enter ‘Device Manager’ into the search function of the Windows taskbar. The Cortana button on Windows lets you access the search bar. You can do this by pressing the Start Button on Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
- You can see a list of all devices associated with your device through the Device Manager. You should see your Acer touchpad under ‘Mice and Other Pointing Devices.
- You can update the touchpad driver by right-clicking the touchpad and selecting ‘Update Driver Software. The latest driver software for your computer will be automatically downloaded. The download will be prompted by a pop-up message.
You can eliminate any potential mouse issues by downloading the latest driver software. If the issue lies with your computer or laptop/notebook, you should try the Restore Repair software as it can scan the repositories and replace corrupt or missing files. This method usually works when a corrupted system causes the problem.
Changing Touchpad Settings from the BIOS
There is a possibility that this error may occur when the advanced configuration is selected to run for Acer Touchpad drivers. We are disabling Touchpad Advanced and setting it to Basic to achieve this. This is how we do it.
- To access the BIOS, you must press either “F1” or “Del” on your keyboard before your computer boots up.
- You can navigate to the “Main” tab by pressing the “right” arrow
- Press “Enter” after choosing “Touchpad” with the down arrow key
- You need to save your changes after selecting the “Basic” option
- Save your changes after you have selected the “Basic” option
As a result, we will enable it again and test to see if it works now. You can open the run prompt by pressing “Windows” + “R.”
- The Control Panel will launch once you type “Control” and press “Enter.”
- Select ” Hardware and Sound ” in the “Mouse and Touchpad” section and select “Hardware and Sound.”
- You can select this option by clicking your device and selecting “Additional mouse settings.”
By booting into Windows. Partially or entirely through the control panel, determine if the issue persists after enabling the device.
Changing Primary Button
You can change it again by going into the settings. You may eliminate bugs by doing this. You can do this by:
- Press “Win” + “R” to open the run dialog box.”
- The run prompt will open when you press “Windows” + “R.”
- Then check “Mouse” in the Hardware and Sound section of the Control panel. Then check “Mouse” in the Hardware and Sound section of the Control panel
- Turn off the “Switch Primary and Secondary Buttons” checkbox and turn it on
- Click on “Apply” to save your changes
- You must click the “Apply” button, tape the process above, then uncheck the box
- The issue should persist if it does
Dirt and foreign particles can collect underneath the touchpad in some cases. For this reason, you can put a small pin under the left-click and lift it slightly if your touchpad button is independent of your touchpad. Use compressed air to clean all foreign particles from beneath the click. I
It becomes increasingly difficult and complex to operate the laptop when the touchpad stops responding. The problem is exacerbated if you don’t have a spare mouse. This annoying issue has affected many Acer aspires users around the world. There are a few simple solutions to the Windows 10 Acer aspire touchpad not working problem.
What did you find helpful about our guide for resolving the problem with the touchpad on your Acer laptop? We would like to hear from you. In the event of a complex issue, please get in touch with us with more details about it, and we will assist you as soon as possible. Our blog contains articles that will help you optimize your PC and make it run as efficiently as possible. You must learn those fixing methods appropriately and apply them to your issue if you are an expert.
- Can You Use Roku and Firestick on the Same TV
- Laptop Screen Not Working But External Monitor Does
- How To Use Laptop As Monitor For Xbox One
- Is a CLX Gaming PC worth it
- Lenovo Laptop Screen Black
- Is it OK to use a laptop while charging
- Is it Good To Charge Laptop While Gaming
Hi, I’m John Smith. An CEO & SEO Editor on LaptopExplorers. I have a team of hardcore laptop expert that often write about laptop fixes, Unboxing them and give best recommendation for Laptops, Gaming Laptops. I wish If I had enough money, I will definitely bought every laptop